Based in Zagreb, Croatia
"Speed Limit: Stage 2" is the second level of our arcade platformer "Speed Limit", redesigned for the web and for mobile devices. The full "Speed Limit" game is a retro style shooter for PCs and arcade cabinets inspired by old-school arcade games. The player runs for his life from well-dressed baddies through many taxing levels which get ever faster as you run, drive sports cars and fly fighter jets to escape your doom! The gameplay changes as you progress through the levels, to keep you on your toes, and keep you guessing what lurks around the corner.
The game debuted with a one-level demo on Reboot Infogamer 2017 as part of the retro arcade that was featured on our booth. The game was a success and garnered lots of praise from local articles and our arcade stand even received the 'best indie game stand' award from Red Bull. We have decided to release a free version of this short one-level demo to release for Androids, PCs and browsers and afterwards we will return our focus on finishing Speed Limit with all its 11 levels.
- Difficulty curve? More like difficulty ledge!
- Throwback to the golden era of arcade games but with a modern approach
- Compete against others with a local and global leaderboard of highscores!
- Each pixel in each animation is handmade, no cheats and no shortcuts
- Game available in a physical arcade customly designed and hand-made by Gamechuck
There are currently no trailers available for Speed Limit: Stage 2. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for Speed Limit: Stage 2. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Awards & Recognition
- "Best indie game stand on Reboot Infogamer" Red Bull, 23 November, 2017
- "The second game from Gamechuck is Speed Limit, a throwback to the 90s and a very difficult game to master, but that's no reason not to try!"
- Josipa Galić, RedBull.hr (in Croatian)
- "While developers mostly give their players a mouse and keyboard or a controller to play their games on festivals, Gamechuck studio offers a home-made arcade machine on their desk, where they give us a glimpse of Speed Limit - an exceedingly difficult platformer with retro visuals."
- Vedran Sabljak, GamePerspectives.hr (in Croatian)
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
Gamechuck is a game development duo that wants to provide innovative and unique gaming experiences. Our vision consists of games where the mechanics are intertwined with the story, the visuals, and the sound. We also spend time thinking of new ways to push the boundaries of existing game genres. Accomplishing the task of creating well rounded games is a complex job, and eager to share their work with the world, we decided to start off with shorter games, but that doesn't mean we don't have illusions of grandeur!
More information on Gamechuck, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Speed Limit: Stage 2 Credits